Snap Shot of my August
Being able to sum up my last month would be difficult to do and I find that I am way better with photos than I am with words. So here is a snapshot of my life so far in Prague.
Saying goodbye to Canada
On my walk to school:
My School: Christian International School of Prague (CISP) - We share our building with a Czech school and a pre-school so it is a busy place to be.
My Classroom before:
My Classroom after:
Walking the Streets of Prague:
We had our first day of school last Thursday and it has been quite the adjustment coming from a small North American class of 16 to an even smaller class of 4! Yes 4! Although it is a small class we do have our challenges, since we all come from different countries and speak different languages. Just in my class we have Korean, Italian/French, Czech and English. It made for a VERY quiet first day. Although English is new to my first graders I am amazed how quickly we are already learning to communicate. It makes for challenging teaching at times and yet it is exciting to see what all our unique differences bring to the table. Though we do not always understand each other the smiles and laughter stays the same and I look forward to our journey of learning together.



No comments:
Post a Comment