Saturday, 25 May 2013

May Moments

May Moments

Whirlwind of events. May began with saying goodbye to Miss Reed, who was our student teacher for the month of April. Our time with her was here and gone in a flash. I had many fears about being a mentor teacher (lots of self doubt that I could never measure up to the amazing mentors I had during my practicum experiences). Yet I was truly blessed by the experience to witness a future teacher learn and grow in the classroom. Thank you for blessing our class Miss Reed!


Next came the visit from the ACSI accreditation team. Although very busy it was encouraging to hear what the team had to say about our school. There were not many surprises about their findings and we are hoping to receive word about their recommendation towards accreditation soon. Most of it rests on details with our new location and policies regarding the new building. Keep praying about these details and that the requirements we need for accreditation will be completed quickly. Basically the hiccup is that some of the things can not be approved until we are in our new location so we just have a few more wrinkles to iron out before receiving accreditation.

May Long Weekend

Through a series of events I got connected with a group of Canadians who get together once a month just to hang out, share stories about our home country and our Czech experiences. Just this past weekend we gathered together to celebrate Victoria day! One gal came across a Canadian flag while visiting a spring market in Germany so she brought it along. It is always great to meet new people and it was fun to step out and meet people outside of my school and church community.










No comments:

Post a Comment