Tuesday, 2 July 2013

Climbing the mountain

Starting Over

Hard to believe it has been over two years since I began my water walking adventure. I started out with such fear and wonder of how all that needed to be done would be accomplished. The paper work to be filed, the life to pack up and the money to be raised. All the time the words of Jesus in the back of my mind: "Ye of little faith, why did you doubt?" Oh I doubt because my faith is so small, and yet with my mustard seed of faith (and will have to admit sometimes it was even much smaller than that) I witnessed God answer my prayers in a way I never thought possible. God answered so many prayers: from provision for needed support, to paying off student loans, to receiving my Czech VISA for the next two years! God is Faithful and this I should not so easily forget, as I often do!

So here I am again... seemingly back at the beginning with what seems like a mountain to climb and no peak in sight. Fundraising is the part of this journey that I am learning to appreciate and admire. I admire the generous hearts I encounter and the love and care that each supporter gives. Remembering that for many I am their ambassador; I am able to go share with the nations when they are not. Who am I to question how God will use his people to further his kingdom? Whether it is through their faithful prayers or their generous pockets.

To give a picture to supporters at where I am at with raising my monthly support I created a bookshelf (teachers and their books :). I am about halfway to my goal



Sometimes I look at the budget line and I tremble. Where will it come from? How will I get from here to there? Then I am reminded; I serve a God who makes the impossible, possible.

I had a student ask this year "How much money does God have?" One child was quick to answer "He doesn't need money! He's God!" Indeed HE is GOD! The creator of it all! This is the God that I serve. The Great Provider and it is in Him I will trust.

If you are interested in learning more about becoming a partner in my ministry Click Here!


No comments:

Post a Comment