Travelling Far Beyond
This Spring I had the great pleasure of joining my teammates on an adventure to Antalya, Turkey to celebrate our 60th year milestone when TeachBeyond formally known as Janz Team began its ministry. It was a time to meet other teachers who are serving in schools all over the world. To be encouraged, to be refreshed and to be renewed. It was a great time to see what God has been doing around the world and how we are apart of the bigger picture of transformational education. I got to connect with friends I had not seen since orientation almost 3 years ago and hear about the great things that God is doing in their schools. It is neat to see how are little TeachBeyond family is growing exponentially and all the years of service that people have put into serving the Lord through education. I always find pictures say much more than my words can describe so a sneak peek at my adventures in Turkey.
 |
| We flew Turkish Air and it was awesome! |
 |
| Leaving our Bungalow |
We had some great sessions that shared what members have been doing around the world as well as workshops that were very encouraging getting to speak with people that go through the same things I do and being able to relate to one another's experiences. Sharing about our struggles with learning new languages, understanding customs and enduring culture shock. I walked away in awe of some of these ladies who are on the field and being very thankful that I don't have to sift my flour in search of bugs or beat off baboons while on a picnic.
I have never done a resort before and it was quite a different pace to be served rather than be the one serving. We had a wonderful time relaxing and enjoying the fellowship on the beach and venturing out into the Turkish countryside. We did a boat tour and then wandered the ruins of Side (which means pomegranate) .
 |
| Our tour guide, he was quite the guy. |
 |
| Tourist gimmick our tour guide said there are no camels in Turkey |
We finished off our week in Turkey with a tour of Ephesus and I will post about those adventures soon. Still editing the hundreds of pictures. It was a wonderful week away and I am greatly blessed to work with such an amazing team of people. I am excited to see where we are headed, how we will grow and the great work that will be accomplished for the kingdom.
No comments:
Post a Comment