Wednesday, 24 December 2014

Life outside the classroom

A German Christmas

This Christmas I can praise the Lord that I have been healthy! Think it is the first Christmas in a long time that I have had no cold or other injury to slow me down. So this year I got to join some friends on a road trip to the German Christmas markets in Dresden, Germany. We first took a detour to Sieffen, a small town just across the Czech border that celebrates Christmas year round. At one time it was a tin mining town. However, when the mine began to dry up the town needed to find a new trade and they turned to wood carving and toy making! I always love going to Germany at Christmas as it brings back many childhood memories of Oma and Opa and traditions I had from my German roots.

























No comments:

Post a Comment