Wednesday, 28 October 2015

Fall 2015

Time keeps rolling on and so here are a few snipets from the Fall happenings

School kicked off with a Bang. We have over 80 kids starting this Fall with more on the way in the Winter. We had a lovely first all school chapel on the first day of school and a wonderful family school picnic on the first weekend in September.






 Took some of our new staff for a paddleboat ride on the river.



All in God's Timing

Two years ago I started praying for more students. We gained recognition with the Czech government, we got a new building and I had a large classroom that needed filling. I joked with our enrolment liaison that if we got three sets of twins I would have a class! Well two years later I have 10 students,  and our grade 2/3 teacher is looking to have 2 sets of twins start in her class in the next month! When we order materials we order enough for 10 students in each grade. This year we already have 10 in grade one and 10 in grade 5! Ten doesn't seem like many but it is more than I have every had in solid grades at our school and it is such a blessing to have more students.
 Last year in grades 1-5 we started the year with 13 students. This year we are starting with 25! Praise the Lord!










Outside the Classroom

Of course it wouldn't be Fall without Canadian Thanksgiving! I celebrated my 5th Canadian Thanksgiving in Prague. I was able to have 25 people come and fill my home. It was a wonderful time sharing my Canadian Culture. Many laughs teaching them Canadian speech, cultural tips and overall a wonderful time.


 Last weekend my TeachBeyond Family celebrated our Thanksgiving in between the Canadian and American Thanksgiving. Basically a time to give thanks and eat some amazing food.
We are very thankful for the Lord's abundant blessing for our team!


No comments:

Post a Comment