Sometimes you hear a song and the Lord speaks volumes to you through it so loudly that he might just be screaming at you.
It is that time of year when we start looking to the future of next year.*
* Note that when I say next year I means the school year and not the annual year Jan.-Dec.
A teacher year goes from September to August.
It is that time when people start to ask: "What are your plans?"
Sometimes I wonder if it would all be easier to go back to Canada.... return to a school where I don't have to secure the funds I need to make sure I have a pay cheque. Where the taxpayers or the students' parents help to pay for my salary. When I taught in Canada I did the same thing I do in the CZ. I meet the needs of my little students; I teach them to read and to write and what it means to love and live for Jesus. I teach them, I guide them, I love them. Teachers are needed everywhere so why am I here?
All I have is Yours!
These words struck me hard.
All I have, my gifts, my finances, my words, this life I live is HIS.
How has he gifted me to use it?
What does he ask of me?
"...to act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ~Micah 6:8
Everything that I have is God's. This life is for him, to bring him glory, to be his ambassador. Being a missionary is not an easy calling. However the longer I live this life the more I have come to see what God has called us to do. No matter where we go or what we do, we are His servants, serving Him, bringing him the glory and humbly walking with Him.
All I have is Yours.
No comments:
Post a Comment