Saturday, 15 June 2019

Hotovo!

Life Long Learning


On June 12th I got to celebrate with my classmates that we completed 10 gruelling months of Czech Language study. There is a sense of accomplishment when you receive a piece of paper that certifies that you have completed something. Over the past ten months I have learned so much beyond proper grammar, noun declination or verb conjugation. I have learned what it is like to be a language learner. How our students feel being immersed in a foreign language all day. What it is like to see the teacher's frustration that their students are just not understanding and all seems hopeless; or that beaming face when they see you finally have it! 

I have been learning to take one small step at a time. In learning Czech there have been many steps made. Although I am far from being fluent I have taken great strides and I am at the level where I am no longer considered a beginner. However I tell people:
"Budu se učit česky celý život!"  = "I will be learning Czech for my whole life!"
One of my co-workers jokes that Czech will be the language we speak in heaven because it has 7 cases (the perfect number) and it takes an eternity to learn!

I finished out the course with a lovely ceremony with my classmates and received a certificate to recognise my learning achievement.









This is my teacher for the past year. She is holding the gift I painted for her of my favourite statue and square in Prague 






 


What is Next?

Currently I am back in Canada for the next 6 weeks to visit with friends and family and gearing up for the next school year. Praying still for my extension request of my CoC to be granted (see previous post for explanation). I will be returning to Prague on July 28th in faith that I will get to finish out the 2019/2020 school year before returning to Canada to complete my 6 month totalization requirements.

The granting of my extension request can take anywhere from 30-90 days so now we just wait and pray.



Praying for Teachers

We are still in desperate need of 2 certified elementary teachers a PE teacher and secondary science teacher. It is not too late! If you are interested or know someone who may be interested in serving overseas be sure to contact our school at teach@cisprague.org

No comments:

Post a Comment