Entering a New Year
This winter season has been a busy one in constant change. Christmas snuck up on me and I believe it is because our Christmas season is going to be extended this year. At the end of December, as we neared closer to our Christmas program, the good ole Covid-19 began to do its thing and we found 75% of our elementary in quarantine by the last week of school before the Christmas break. We postponed all Christmas activities including our Christmas program to January and closed our school doors 3 days early. By our last day I was down to 6 /13 students.
About a week after Christmas markets opened the government decided to shut them down, but not before I got a chance to enjoy them.
Celebrating Celebrations
Unfortunately we didn't get to do our annual trip to the markets with my class which was highly disappointing. However we still have had fun exploring different celebrations from around the world. We explore Remembrance Day, Thanksgiving, Diwali, Hanukkah, and Christmas traditions from different parts of the world. The students get a package sent from our friend "Globe Trot Scott" who is travelling to different parts of the world to discover different celebrations and traditions.
We did memorise Luke 2:1-19 and we hope to do a performance in January where I can share a recording. The kids worked very hard to learn their verses and though I thought we would only make it to 16 they were determined to get to 20 and we may have verse 20 by the time we perform in January.
Snow came early
We often don't get a lot of snow in November and December but when we do the snowmen come out in full force!
Celebrating a Covid Christmas
We were determined to not let Covid-19 steal our joy nor our Christmas. I took more antigen tests than I could count to prove my coughs and colds I have been enduring for the past 3 weeks are not Covid.
We picked out our Christmas tree, my flatmate named him Terrance.
We had a smaller version of our staff Christmas party.
Christmas Day
We celebrated with friends who have become more like family. Watched classic Christmas programs and watched the snow fall! Was my first white Christmas in Prague where it actually snowed on Christmas day!
I always find it funny when we are starting a New Year as I feel our new year always begins in August when we start a new school year. Our prayers for this year is that we will be able to continue to be at school in person, for the pandemic to come to an end, teacher positions filled and that above all the love of Jesus is made known among the nations.
No comments:
Post a Comment