Springing Forward
As the days slowly get longer we can see the light at the end of the tunnel brighten as the end of the school year grows nearer. We have had many events this spring including Staff retreat at a resort in Loučen, field trip to see butterflies, exploration of insects and all school field day.
Staff Retreat
Train ride adventuresOne of our favourite games to play is like a version of hide and seek. We take a stroll in the woods and a caller calls for everyone to hide and everyone scatters to hide then the seeker names who they can see from the spot they are standing. We are quite the sight as we huddle together behind trees.
We stayed at a beautiful spa resort place in a small Czech town. It had a small palace and a large property with a variety of mazes to explore. It was a wonderful time to get away, spend some quality time with co-workers and find some time to rest in amongst the chaos of overseas teaching.
Crazy Hair Day - I dyed my hair red for this one!
Field day was jam packed with fun activities. 12 teams and close to 150 children
Our school is growing! We are close to 160 students which is double the size when I started.
What do you do for fun?
Prague is full of activities and things to do. Operas, hockey games and walks in the park.
One of my TeachBeyond teammates plays on a local league for fun and they set up a tournament against 6 different countries. Canada took a beating we cheered them on!The flowers are now all in bloom and often I will borrow the neighbour's dog and take her for a stroll in the park. She is a bird dog and it is hilarious to watch her stalk the pigeons.
What is Next?
We have 4 weeks left of school! Some major praises to the Lord is that our elementary team is fully staffed already for next year! A miracle that I am very thankful for! Our TeachBeyond team continues to grow and we will be welcoming another 4 new members this fall.
During the first week of June my mom will be coming to visit; as I will be packing up to return to Canada for 6 months for tax related reasons and she is going to help me get things packed up.
School ends with graduation on June 13th.
On June 15th I hop on a plane - Mom goes back to Canada with my suitcases and I take a detour to Chicago to attend our TeachBeyond new staff orientation. This is a wonderful opportunity to meet our new team members and get a refresher course on all our mission's policies. It has been 14 years since I started this journey and lots changes in 14 years!
I return to Canada on June 21 and will be around until first week of January. I will be taking a 3 month sabbatical to rest and renew and then doing some travel to visit people and prepare for returning to the field.
What will you be doing when you go back?
Life is in limbo at the moment. My teaching position is filled for the unseeable future and so that opens doors for other opportunities. Right now what those are is unknown. Praying to see what God has in store!
My TeachBeyond Family - I am so thankful for this amazing group of people I get to walk along side with on this amazing journey of serving here in the CZ.





















No comments:
Post a Comment