TeachBeyond Orientation 2025
In June, I went to Wheaton College, near Chicago, to attend our new member orientation for
TeachBeyond. This was a wonderful opportunity to hear the stories of new team
members as they prepared to go to the field. It was an encouraging time to see
all that God is doing around the world. To put faces to the names I read in the
all emails that I receive. It has been 14 years since my first orientation and
it was helpful to learn about all the changes and new procedures.
There were in attendance:
- 29 children of new members 10 staff kids - total of 39 in the TCK (third culture kid) program,
- 68 Orientation participants (59 of those are CANUSA candidates, 3 are spouses, 2 are associates or seconded partners, the others are somewhere in the application process) who will be serving in 20 countries
- 73 staff including youth volunteers
I got to help with a core group and walk with them through
this journey as they prepared to go to different parts of Europe. We played
some games and made connections. Praying for this amazing team of people as they prepare for the adventures ahead of them.
TRR - Tax Related Relocation
In order to comply with tax requirements and to keep my Canadian residency I need to return to Canada for a minimum of 6 months every 5 years. Amazing that has already been 5 years since my last 6 month stay in 2020. I will be mostly in BC with a few visits planned to Alberta and the U.S.
Family Time
Came back to Canada in time to celebrate my Dad's 75th birthday and then my nephews 8th birthday. We took a family trip up to northern Alberta to do some fishing and stay with some friends of my brother. Caught some fish and did some fish fry. Got to visit a friend in Grande Prairie on our way through and stopped off at my Uncle's on the way home. Got to see a good part of the beautiful countryside.
What's Next?
Currently I am on sabbatical for July, August and September. It will be a time to relax, recoup and refocus. I already have a trip planned to Edmonton for most of September. I also am planning a trip down to Oregon and California in October to see some friends. There will be visits to multiple places in B.C. while I am here.
What about your teaching job?
I have turned over my grade one teaching position to another teacher. I will be returning in January and will be continuing as head of the elementary department and filling in the holes where needed. There are a lot of unknowns at this point as to what God has in store. Waiting to see which doors will open next.
No comments:
Post a Comment