Saturday, 14 March 2026

January *BLINK* March

Leaving on a Jet Plane

Since this blog is a record for my memories I am going to quickly recap my journey back to Prague. It was quite the ordeal. Flying in winter is always unpredictable and dicey. I was booked for a 14 hr journey from Kelowna to Calgary, to Amsterdam, to Prague which turned into over 24hrs. My flight to Calgary was delayed an hour, my flight to Amsterdam was delayed by almost 8 hrs. 

Amsterdam was experiencing snowstorms, which are a rarity and they are not equipped for. There were so many delays out of Amsterdam that they almost did not allow any of us without a connecting flight to board the plane. In the end I boarded the flight knowing I would miss my connection and was yet to be rebooked on another flight. Pictures below show the crazy clouds we encountered flying into Amsterdam. It was a wall of cloud unlike anything I had seen before. The winds were unreal and the pictures don't do it justice. Thanks to all who prayed and I managed to get an evening flight out and made it home just after midnight. Many thanks to my friends the Mobleys who still met me at the airport in the late hours to drive me home!


 Back to Living the Prague Life

Many have asked what it is like being back in Prague after an extended time away. It has been like returning home. There have been many changes and more changes to come, but it has been welcoming to come back to a place that has a large piece of my heart.




What has changed?

My job. Currently at CISP I am now the Elementary coordinator, grade 1-5 art teacher, and elementary substitute teacher. I spent January and February subbing grade 1-3 PE, which was an adventure to say the least. In the Fall semester they did not have a full time elementary art teacher which meant most of the teachers were teaching their own art. So now I am teaching art to all the elementary students and it is an absolute joy!



Life is Art

It has been an amazing privilege to teach art to these young students and encouraging them to explore the creativity God has given us. One of the things that God has been teaching me through teaching art is the process of creating and the ability to change a muddled mess into something beautiful. Often my students will look at their unfinished work and complain that it is ugly or that it doesn't look right and I have to remind them they aren't finished yet and to trust the process. To take the mistakes and make them happy accidents. This made me think about how when we are in the mess of things we need to trust our Lord in the process. Same when it comes to myself and my students. We are God's workmanship and we are not finished yet. 






Outside the Classroom
I have been able to enjoy a number of adventures since coming back to Prague. I have enjoyed  sledding, Saturday Scone day, Galentines day, cheering on Olympic Hockey, pottery painting, and a12km stroll through the city. I am thankful for the amazing community I live and work in.








 


School Adventures

It has been a busy time with celebrating the 100th day of school, International Mother Language Day, and Spirit dress up days.
I love Mother tongue day as the students dress up in clothes to represent their culture.







What's Next?

For TeachBeyond I am currently continuing as one of our Czech team leaders and have also taken on the interim role as coordinator of members in Europe assisting on our European team through to June.  Why only till June? Currently things are changing, people are switching roles and I am standing with open hands waiting to see what God is going to fill them with. I do know I am staying in Prague. I do know I will be serving at CISP in some capacity next Fall, as well as serving on the TeachBeyond European team. What my roles will be are still in the "we will see" stage. Before I came back to Prague when it came to my future plans the Lord gave me peace with the answer "JUST WAIT". So here I am with open hands, waiting.





No comments:

Post a Comment