Welcome to my journey of faith. This year I was challenged to step out of my comfort zone. Placing my faith in my Creator I leaped into an adventure that requires me to Trust the Lord in ways beyond what I have ever experienced before. I invite you to join with me in prayer as we see God work in miraculous ways. Come... let us go walk on the water with Jesus!
"Someday I would like to teach overseas."
While pursuing my education degree I dreamt of a day when I would get the opportunity to travel and teach abroad. ―Someday…‖ I would say. Until recently, my mission field was teaching primary students in Canada. All the while God was preparing me for that "someday".
Over the past year I have been reflecting on the life of Peter, and his faith to step out of the comfort of his fishing boat and do the impossible — walk on water with his Saviour. "Lord, if it is you, tell me to come to you on the water." And Jesus said, "Come." I am stepping out in faith and following my Jesus out into the deep. In the Fall of 2011, I will be joining the vision to teach at the Christian International School of Prague in the Czech Republic.
Throughout the past few months I have experienced the Lord's hand helping me "across the waters" A timely e-mail to my mother from my aunt confirmed the Lord's faithful goodness to me, that Jesus is indeed saying, "Kelly, come."I am so very excited about Kelly's appointment to Prague. It's been a calling of hers forever -- you could see it coming, right from her camp counsellor days. Her goal in life was never to store up a safety nest egg, but to leap out of the boat in faith, preferably somewhere in the presence of smallish children who will drink in pure sweet knowl-edge and a little bit of some-thing deeper …" My ever present purpose is to serve the Lord and go where He leads. Like Peter, I am climbing out of the comfort of my own boat and getting my feet wet.
No comments:
Post a Comment