
Monday, August 1st, I had my informational/ dessert evening. Over 80 people came out to hear about what I will be doing
in the Czech Republic. Considering it was a long weekend I was pleasantly surprised by the turn out.
It was a fun event where we shared in some amazing desserts, got to learn some Czech phrases and hear about the Christian International School of Prague and what the Lord is doing there.
Through this event we raised an additional 13% of my monthly pledges! Bringing us almost halfway to our goal!

It was a blessing to receive the help of so many people, which made this event possible.

I think the most exciting thing has been the opportunity to get to know Aneta, a girl from the Czech Republic who is spending her summer working in one of the local orchards. She came to our church with some of her co-workers the same day I was sharing about my mission to Prague. Imagine her surprise coming to church in Canada for the first time and hearing about her home country!
With her help we were able to teach the audience some Czech phrases and she has been a great language teacher :)
It has been really encouraging to see who God has brought to help me in this adventure and I am excited to see where he will take us on this journey!
No comments:
Post a Comment