Thursday, 28 July 2011

July Newsletter


Getting From Here to There
"When do you leave?" has been one of the most frequently asked questions I hear. In order to go I must have 90% of my support pledged/raised. Currently I am at about 25% with 3 weeks left before I would like to leave. For some this may be discouraging, for me it has been a water walking experience. I leapt out of my boat of security and have been learning what it means to get my feet wet for Jesus.
Sometimes I find myself looking at the quarter-full thermometer and wondering how will I ever get from here to there? Then the voice of Jesus rings in my ear "You of little faith, why do you doubt?"
School starts September 1st. I would like to have my support raised by August 15th and be in Prague by August 20th!
The count down is on!
Reaching for the Goal Raising support has to be one of the most humbling, eye opening experiences. I avoided entering the mission field for quite some time simply because the thought of having to ask people for support was terrifying. Yet, through this experience I have seen the Lord at work, and people give in a way I never thought possible. I am learning of the blessings that come with giving generously.

No comments:

Post a Comment