So Fish in a Fountain
One of my favourite parts of the day is our morning devotion time where we start off singing praises to God. It is an excellent way of getting the kids to experience language and learn new vocabulary as well as learn scripture.
The other day I asked the kids what song we should sing and one of my girls enthusiastically asked "Can we sing "So fish in a fountain?" Rather puzzled by the unfamiliar song title I asked her to repeat her request. "So fish in a fountain" she repeated rather emphatically. Observing my puzzled expression she began to sing the words to one of our songs called, Trust in the Lord, that also contained the words "salvation is found" which had gotten a little lost in translation coming out as "So fish in a fountain." This opened the door for a great discussion on what is SALVATION. What did it mean to be saved and what we needed to be saved from. We talked about God's love for us and how Jesus has saved us from our sin. At the end of our conversation the same little girl stated I am glad I get to be with God. It is so neat to see how God can even use fish in fountains to direct us to his truth.
Love this story! So precious.
ReplyDelete