Sunday, 24 February 2013

Fighting the Battle




The Mighty Prayer Warrior

It is that time of year again when as a missionary you send out your letters updating what you are doing and giving the heads up of the upcoming need for financial support to carry you on in your ministry. I dread writing these letters because I feel so inadequate with the right words to express what needs I have and going beyond the if you feel lead please give.

I desire not to guilt trip my supporters with please give me money so I can help the children, or to make them feel guilty by not giving. I have received a couple letters lately apologising how they are unable to give but will still pray; almost as though their prayers are a consolation prize. Yet I wonder how much they realise their promises to support through prayer mean so much to me! The promise to pray goes far beyond anything I think we even realise. Now don't get me wrong I don't survive here on prayers alone, yet without those many prayer warriors I don't know what I would do. God hears the pleas of his people and he answers. I am so blessed by such a great team of prayer warriors who take the time and consideration to bring my needs and the needs of CISP to our heavenly Father who provides for his children.

Sometimes raising support can be intimidating, nerve-racking, and downright scary. However through it all I have learned to not be afraid to let God work through his people and give them the opportunity to give and share in this adventure with me. Through the prayer warriors' gifts of prayer they are touching the lives of many. Fighting this battle requires an army and I am blessed to have some of the strongest warriors on my side.



If you are wondering about ways you can support through prayer check out my prayer warrior corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment