Sunday, 27 October 2013

Thanksgiving Round III

The Event of the Year!

Canadian Thanksgiving! This year we had over a dozen people come to celebrate a time of thanksgiving, food, fellowship and fun! It is always an adventure shopping for the traditional thanksgiving fixings in another country. Since buying a whole turkey bird is expensive (and I didn't want to risk ordering one too big for my oven) I decided to go with turkey breasts along with selecting a chicken which I believed to be a nice plump 2kg bird. However, when I got home and lifted the bird out of the plastic there were a set of legs left behind. I was confused for a moment as to why the bird was cut in half at first only to realize she was not cut in half but rather had been packaged with an extra pair of legs! Contemplating our mutant bird I reread the packaging to discover it indicated it came with an extra set of legs. Surprise!

We decorated the house with a little Canadian flare, enjoyed Tim Hortons, pumpkin oreo cheesecakes and Maple cookies and played a wonderful game of Canadian trivia. I was impressed with some of my American friends' proper usage of the term EH and we learned a little Canadian history by watching Part of our Heritage video clips. Fun was had by all and I really enjoyed this time to share some of my Canadian culture.

  
  
     









    

I am so thankful for the amazing group of friends that God has blessed me with here in Prague and that we were able to share this time together.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment