Monday, 26 December 2016

This December

Christmas Happenings

Away from the classroom

Taking 3 weeks away from school is quite an undertaking, but I have been blessed by a very supportive team. Many thanks to Mrs. Redmond for taking on my class while I am away. Christmas time is a VERY busy time in the classroom, including making crafts, Christmas concerts and celebrations. It was difficult to be away from the kids during these fun times but I have enjoyed the rest and time with my family.
Thankful for the few snapshots sent to record what has gone on during my absence. Blessed to have a substitute willing to take on the challenges of making latkes to celebrate Hanukkah, going to the Christmas markets and taking on the Christmas concert. Many, many thanks for all her help.








It has been a delight to be back in Canada for the Christmas season. For the first time since I left to Prague, my entire family came together to celebrate Christmas.

Since the house is overflowing with people and dogs I have been blessed with the opportunity to house sit and care for two puppies that belong to some church family friends. Many thanks to this family for a lovely place to stay and some great company to share it with.









To Celebrate my mom's birthday we headed up to Silver Star mountain for a little snowshoeing and sledding. It was a beautiful day and fun was had by all.















Christmas with the family has been full of laughs, shared memories and thankfulness for all that we have been blessed with,

 














Great news is that come this summer there will be another addition to my family as my younger brother and his wife are expecting baby #2 in July. Praying for a healthy pregnancy.

It has been a joy to be with my family, my brothers and sisters-in-law and nephew. Being away is sometimes difficult for now I feel like I have two families on either side of the ocean. My Prague family and my relational family. Blessed beyond measure by both.

No comments:

Post a Comment