How the time flies and it is all I can do to hang on. Seems that June passes in a blink of an eye and I have also realised I didn't post any pictures of my quick jaunt to Paris in the Spring. SO here is recap time of school happenings and I hope to put Paris explorations in another post soon.
Swim Camp
It was the first time we have done a whole week of swimming and though we had some very tired campers by the end of the week we had many smiling faces. I look forward to doing this again next year!
Field Day Fun!
I believe all elementary teachers have a love/hate relationship with field day. It is a joy and fun for the kids but oh so exhausting to plan and execute. But so worth the time, sweat and tears. Though being an organizer for this event this year I did not get to taking as many pictures of the fun and games... here are just a few.
Human Tunnel Relay
Tic-tac-toe relay
50 m Dash
Rohlik relay - we don't have batons so we use a skinny dinner roll called a rohlik
This picture is a favourite from that day. Martina is now in 6th grade and was in my first grade one class I taught at CISP in 2011. She is piggy backing one of my grade ones from this year. Hard to believe that my first class are now going into grade 7!
Annual Trip to the ZOO!
Once again I found myself caught up too much in the fun and didn't take very many pictures. The zoo is always a memorable trip that the kids look forward to each year.
Last Day of School!
Fun traditions of cleaning the desk tops with shaving cream, following the graduates to chapel and having our end of the year picnic in the park. It was a great year that zoomed by quickly. Enjoyed my small group of smarties and am looking forward to teaching them again next year in grade two! I will have around 16 students in grade one/two. Looking forward to a very active year!
Class Selfie! Goodbye and see you Next Year!
Traditions
We always finish the last day of school with a picnic. A wonderful time spent with our students' families and get in all those last minute goodbyes.
Then when all is said and done we take a last paddle on the river.
Before parting ways for the summer.
This summer I am doing a quick trip to Canada. I left June 21st to head back to the OK for 3 weeks, before heading to Northern Alberta to see my younger brother and sister-in-law, nephew and new baby expected to arrive sometime during the first week of July.
On July 21st I head down to Edmonton for a few days before jetting off to Minnesota to be bridesmaid to one of my good friends. I will be departing the States on August 2nd and be back in Prague August 3rd to begin gearing up for the Fall. Looking forward to seeing what God has in store for us next!
Stay tuned for pictures of my summer adventures as well as past excursions to Paris.
No comments:
Post a Comment