Wednesday, 26 July 2017

Spring Break Adventures

Bonjour Paris

Back in April I travelled to Paris with one of my travel buddies during our Spring Break. Now I have finally found a few minutes to edit and post a few pictures from the 600 I took!
We started out with wandering the streets and getting your typical Paris shots of Notre Dame, the tower and the beautiful Paris streets. While we were there we visited the Louvre, the Eiffel Tower and the Palace of Versailles. It was a fun trip. One of those things you have to do at least once while you live in Europe.

So here is a quick visit to Paris:
Day 1 Wander the streets and see the sights


















We stayed in a hostel like hotel with a lovely little crepe place down the street called Crêpe a Ding
 Nothing fancy by any means but it was safe, dry and a place to hang our hat at night.

Day 2:
We went to hillsong church and then went to go up the Eiffel tower. Only ventured to the second floor. No desire to take the elevator all the way to the top. Never thought I was that afraid of heights but being that high up was enough!






 


Standing on the glass floor looking at the shadow of the tower on the ground



Info booth showing different structures inspired by the Eiffel Tower - Petrin in Prague










Typical French dining





Day 3 - Going to the Louvre 






Famous Mona Lisa

My Favourite shots of the Mona Lisa 






















Day 4 - Last Day - Chateau de Versailles



I thought the one hour wait to get into the Louvre was bad... nothing compared to the 2.5 hour wait to get into the palace of Versailles!



Hall of mirrors had to be my favourite room! Pictures don't do it justice!





















Finished off our trip with some very good crepes! Overall it was a great trip. I love history and seeing the amazing artistry and talent that has been preserved throughout history. Though it is super expensive it is one of those places you have to visit at least once in your life time.



 Missed out going to the Arc de Triomphe, and thMusée d'Orsay.... maybe next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment