Leaving on a Jet Plane
So the last couple of months zipped by and they were filled with birthday celebrations, packing and goodbyes.
Happy 3rd birthday to my nephew. Helped build his awesome alligator birthday cupcake cake with my sister-in-law.
From Canada to the Czech Republic
Once I arrived I have hit the ground running so I am only slowing down enough now to share what has been happening. Covid-19 has wrinkled a lot of plans and has made life very unique and travel even more so.
I would have to say that other than having to wear masks this was was probably the smoothest trip I have ever taken.
My temperature was taken before departing Kelowna, other than that all security checks were normal. Everything was extremely orderly. I think what surprised me most was due to social distancing everyone was not as pushy. When deplaning in Vancouver the flight attendants instructed that you only stood to depart when the person in front of you had already departed and to remain seated. I think it was the first time that I didn't see people already standing before the seat belt sign had been turned off!
It has been years since I have had 3 seats to myself on a plane! Getting through passport control was easy as I have a residence card for living in the EU so they waved me through no questions asked.
I did not have to quarantine upon arrival because I was coming from Canada which is on the safe zone list. So all and all it was an uneventful trip.
Back to School
Since my arrival I have been back in the classroom and gearing up for the new school year. I am going to be teaching grade two this year as well as being elementary department head so lots of changes. New classroom, new toys and a lot to accomplish in a short time frame.
Here are a few snap shots of the process:
Still a long way to go but progress is being made.
Praying for Mountains to be Moved
Due to the pandemic many hurdles have come up for our school, namely staffing. For our new hires, usually once they have raised their support, they can hop on a plane and come on a tourist visa before applying for their residence visa. However with the current world situation everything is in new territory as far a procedure. Tourist visas are not being issued for many outside the EU especially those from the USA. My new flatmate is coming from Florida and is currently stuck and we are praying for a way for her to get into the country.
WE NEED TEACHERS
We still do not have a teacher for grade 5, or for some of our high school sciences. We won't be able to have music because we don't have a music teacher. Our grade 3 teacher is having visa renewal issues and may be sent back to her home country. We have yet to find some one for our director position and our newly hired principal is delayed until maybe January. The needs are great and they are mountain sized. I have been thinking about the words in scripture that say: if we have faith as a mustard seed we can move mountains. Our mountains are colossal in size and seem impossible. Yet, we serve a God of the impossible.
We have 18 days until the first day of school. Please pray with us for the impossible:
Qualified grade 5 teacher who is already in country or has EU residency and can start immediately.
Qualified grade 3 teacher who is already in country or has EU residency and can start immediately.
Qualified Chemistry and Physics teacher who is already in country or has EU residency and can start immediately
Travel approval and way to attain a visa for my new flatmate and middle school teacher Jennifer. That she can arrive by the end of September.
For a new director and provision for our new principal that everything his family needs to depart will be in place.
"Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.” Matt 17:20
No comments:
Post a Comment