A Time to Weep and a Time to Laugh
Dealing with Life's Twists and Turns
Upon returning from my trip to Normandy I learned the devastating news that my sister-in-law, Rolandia, (my older brother's wife) passed away in a fatal car accident. They had been married for almost 10 years. The day after this news I learned that my landlord was selling my flat that I had lived in for almost 8 years. So the month of April was a time of mourning for me and dealing with loss.
We had a memorial for Rollie in mid-April that I was able to go back to Canada for. The visit was very quick, and we were able to spend time as a family. My Dad's brother and one of his sisters was able to make the trip from Manitoba and my mom's brother was able to come. So we had a good visit with family. I was asked to read from Ecclesiastes 3 which was an honour to do for my brother. I took hardly any pictures as it was about being in the moment and being present. Rollie, you will be missed.
From the peaks to the valleys our God is still the same. From laughter to weeping he is our comfort and peace.
Shortly after returning to Prague I was hopping on another plane to go to Albania for a TeachBeyond leaders conference. Joining close to 200 TeachBeyond leaders from around the world. It was exactly what I needed during this time. It was encouraging to hear what God is doing through our mission organisation and all the ways God has and is answering prayer. We had break out groups where we got to hear from teams around the world and spend life together. It was one giant family of seemingly strangers and yet brother and sisters. I was blessed beyond measure by this time.




No comments:
Post a Comment