Tuesday, 2 July 2024

March 2024

Spring Break Adventures

This blog is like a memory capsule that keeps track of my life adventures. SO much happened from March to June that I only have time now to record it all. So first I will start with Spring Break.

ICEC
International Christian Educators Conference

Every couple of years ACSI will host the ICEC conference and the last couple have been in Prague. Christian educators from all over Europe come together to learn from one another, share ideas and encourage one another in our craft. It is always fun to meet up with people who live and work in the same world as you. Enjoyed spending time with old and new colleagues and meeting new friends serving across Europe.


Girls Get Away - Normandy France

On my travel bucket list was making it to Normandy, visiting Juno Beach and seeing Mont Saint-Michel. I joined a great group of ladies and we flew to Paris, rented a car we named Felicity and stayed in a small cottage in a small town called Sommervieu.





We explored the coast stopping at Juno Beach where in the gift shop I found a surprise treat and indeed I spent way too much money on a box of Maple Cream cookies! Enjoy the taste of home.








French Pastry is where it is at!


Beautiful balance of sight seeing, relaxing and enjoying good food. 

Mont Saint-Michel

Pictures do not do this place justice! We did end up going on a rather wet day but so worth going to see. Feels like you are entering a fairy tale.




 



 




 




It was a fun road trip with a number of u-turns, a GPS that thought it knew the right way and many laughs. 










Such a fun adventure with these ladies and would totally do another travel adventure with them.
Here's to cranking Broadway showtunes, ignoring GPS suggestions and seeing where the road will take us. Thanks for the memories ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment