Back to School
Getting ready for school involves a lot of things: training new staff, cleaning classrooms, moving furniture, laminating, labelling and praying. Lots of praying! This year we had some very big holes to fill as a number of teachers are gone; some are on sabbatical, and some relocated. So it goes living in an international community.
The Lord answered our prayers for a grade 3 teacher; as He moved in the heart of one of our student teachers from last year and she decided to answer the call to become a missionary at the end of July. However this means she is still in the States raising support. We are doing our best to hold down the fort and are praying for the Lord's provision to come quickly.
We were blessed to have another one of our other student teachers also returning to be on staff with us. My student teacher Miss Rose will be joining us from Germany in January. She also has to go through training and support raising with her mission in Germany in the Fall and plans to join me as one of my flatmates in January. She was able to join us for in-service staff training in August and helped get the grade 3 classroom ready and underway, before she had to go back to Germany for training.
Grade One - Welcome to Our Neck of the Woods
I have 9 happy lil' campers this year and 1/3 of my class is from India. If you have heard my story about how I ended up becoming a missionary in CZ it started with a interest to go to India. Back in 2011 I began looking at a school in India, but the doors closed on that opportunity and swung wide open to go to Prague. Now it is in Prague that God has brought India to our school. Over 1/3 of our school has India as a passport country. Many of these students do not know who Jesus is and it is an amazing privilege to share the gospel story with them for the first time. All of my students speak at least 2-3 languages and represent 5 different countries. They are an amazing group of children and I look forward to this year of learning discoveries with them.
Currently in charge of a split class Grade 1/3
Right now our prayers are with our grade 3 teacher Kylie Lambert as she raises support. In the meantime I have had my hands full at the beginning of our year making lesson plans and organising subs for grade 3 as well as teaching grade 1. Kylie cannot get here soon enough! Please pray with us for her provision of funds and that she can get here quickly.
What God has been teaching me
Trust and Obey. In July when we still didn't have a grade 3 teacher, some people asked me what the plan B was if we didn't get one. I have learned over the years that there is no plan B. There is plan A... God's plan A. I don't always know what his plan is or how or when he is going to make it happen but I have learned that we serve a faithful God who is always teaching and guiding us in the way we should go if we Trust and Obey. So when I was asked in mid-July do we have a teacher I answered Nope. Do we have any prospects? Nope! Are you worried? Nope! We serve a God who is strong and mighty and wants the best for His children. He has many lessons to teach us. Things do not always go the way we have planned but nothing is amiss by him. He is faithful and we give him the Praise and the Glory.


No comments:
Post a Comment