In the summer I did a lot of moving. I helped house sit plants and pets throughout the summer and had the keys to 7 different homes. I moved into my new home on August 6th after I returned from a wonderful trip to Northern Italy.
This summer was a time of relaxing and gearing up for the new school year. I did my annual cleaning of the supply closet. Helped new teammates get acclimated to life in Prague and did a little exploring in the Czech Republic. For my birthday a small group went to the town of Ostrá to a medieval village to participate in some fun activities including candle making, wood carving and archery.
During the first week of August I was in between homes so I planned a trip to Northern Italy. My travel buddy found super cheap tickets to Bergamo so we flew to Bergamo and took the train/bus to Gardone Riviera on Lake Garda. The lake was surrounded by hills and reminded me of home. We booked an inclusive package that included meals and a reserved lounge chair spot by the beach. It was a lovely vacation just before having to gear up to get ready for school.
Where do you live now?
After my trip I got to move in to my new home.
I am currently subletting two rooms from a family that works at our school. They have a very large flat, that we have nicknamed the Parker Palace. The two rooms I occupy are almost the same size as my old flat (just a slight bit smaller than my entire old apartment!). The Parkers have 4 children and started serving at CISP a couple years before me. They will be going back to the States for 6 months at the end of December and I will be taking care of their flat with 3 other girls until they return. It is a little funny and somewhat déjà vu as I am living in the same building I lived in when I lived with a family back in 2015, just one floor up. Since I will have to go back to Canada for 6 months in 2025 for tax related relocation, it just made sense to not find a new apartment this year.
I am currently subletting two rooms from a family that works at our school. They have a very large flat, that we have nicknamed the Parker Palace. The two rooms I occupy are almost the same size as my old flat (just a slight bit smaller than my entire old apartment!). The Parkers have 4 children and started serving at CISP a couple years before me. They will be going back to the States for 6 months at the end of December and I will be taking care of their flat with 3 other girls until they return. It is a little funny and somewhat déjà vu as I am living in the same building I lived in when I lived with a family back in 2015, just one floor up. Since I will have to go back to Canada for 6 months in 2025 for tax related relocation, it just made sense to not find a new apartment this year.
What is Tax Related Relocation TRR and Why do you have to do it?
To comply with tax laws and maintain my Canadian residency I need to reside in Canada for a minimum of 6 months every 5 years. Some may think, didn't you just do that? Indeed it doesn't seem that long ago but my last 6 month stint in Canada was during 2020 and since Covid sucked 3 years of our lives away it doesn't seem like it was that long ago.
Back to School
School started August 28th but so much happens in those few weeks before school starts, especially at an International, missionary staffed school. Check out my next post to see all that goes into getting ready for school to begin.







No comments:
Post a Comment