Thursday, 17 November 2011

Let it Snow

Let it Snow!
Our first snowfall of the season! My students were excited and talking of snowmen and igloos and all the wonderful things one could do with the small ice crystals tightly packed together. Yet to much disappointment the snow was gone before we had a chance to enjoy it. We talked about thanking God for the snow and one of my students asked if we could ask God for more. Up till now we have been learning to pray by thanking God for the gifts he gives us; the idea of asking God for things was a new novelty. I explained that prayer wasn't like making wishes and that sometimes God answers our prayers by saying no, or not right now; but that does not mean we can't ask. So they prayed for snow so that we can make igloos. It made me think as to how many times I treat prayer like a wish list, hoping for my wishes to come true. Or pray with the thought that I am asking for too much and to not be disappointed when God doesn't answer. Though I should not be surprised that I have a creator that cares enough about the child who longs for snow to fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment