Saturday, 1 December 2012

My Roman Holiday

Roman Holiday

Since CISP is an "American" based International School we celebrate American Thanksgiving. This means two days off of school in November. Perfect time to do some off-season cheap travel. Adventure Buddy and I scanned the skies and found a great deal for a trip to Rome so we had our own little Roman Holiday.

So here is a quick peak at our adventures.

We stayed in a lovely guest house close to the city centre. Amazing service at a great price. It was called the Rose Santamaria, highly recommend for those who stay in hostel like places. It was very clean, secure and our host Veronica was extremely helpful.



 



Day One

I highly recommend the Roma pass for those touring Rome. It is 30 Euro and it is good for getting you into 2 major attractions for free, discounts, free transit and skipping the ticket lines.



November is known as the rainy season in Rome and so I fervently prayed for sunshine weeks before our trip and my prayers were answered. We were blessed with sunny skies for the entirety of our trip.



First stop: 
The Colosseum
There are no words...





























I think what was most striking was reflecting on the events that took place here. The number of lives that were sacrificed for honour and entertainment. Many Christians were martyred here for their faith.

Roman Forum and Palatine Hill



 






 












  





Had a hard time believing it was November sometimes!

 
 







Day One complete stay tuned for days 2-3...

No comments:

Post a Comment