Sunday, 24 July 2011

Frequently Asked Questions

"When do you leave?"
Has to be one of the most frequently asked questions. Which has a tricky answer. There is when I would like to leave: NOW! When the school would like me by: August 15. And when I am allowed to go: when I have 90% of my support.
The catch is people like deadlines and will often come through in the last hour. So when is the last hour? I have struggled with putting deadlines because I feel like I may be setting my own goals rather than relying on the Lord's provision. Yet today I realized that people in North America thrive on deadlines, procrastination and doing things at the last minute.

So "When do you leave" Lord willing I would like to have all my funds raised by August 15 and be in Prague shortly after that. What about your Visa? Visa paper work is moving and the prayer is everything will come together quickly. I knew going into this that my faith would be pushed and stretched in a way it has never been before. Yet I have been encouraged to see the Lord's provision in ways I could not have imagined. Just when I feel like Peter and see the wind and the waves crash and that sinking feeling begins to rise, the Lord stretches out his hand and asks Why do you doubt?

"How is your support going?" It comes in spurts. Considering I started July with around 1% I am excited to already be close to 25%. In three more weeks I would like to be at 90%. Praying and waiting to see how the Lord will bring it to completion.

No comments:

Post a Comment