Friday, 1 July 2011

Hey, How's it going?

It goes Whether I want to go with it or not!

Quick note to let you all know that I am still out here. I have so many stories to share and yet there are not enough hours in the day to accomplish all that I need/would like to do! So point form summary will have to do for now and will hopefully give more details in the next update letter.
  • School at KCS is done for the year! - It was a fantastic end to an amazing year and I have been blessed to have been apart of such a loving learning community for the past 3 years.
  • Postal Strike: is no more (for the time being) meaning that mail is moving again and hopefully financial support will be able to make its way through.
  • Went to Wheaton Il. for orientation and training. A wonderful, overwhelming, encouraging time of learning, meeting  new people making new friends and gearing up for a life out on the field.
  • Packing, packing, packing... I am officially moved out of SA. I was blessed by an amazing group of friends and family who came to help me pack, clean, load and unload all my worldly possessions. I am learning lots about what is necessary to have in this life and how much STUFFwe accumulate! Being a sentimental person it was difficult to let go of the mundane things that contain so many memories. Never knew how attached I could get to a can of Spam!
  • Up and coming:
    - Visa paperwork to process - praying that it all comes together
    - Wedding bells: my brother is getting married next weekend
    - Sharing: making appointments to share with people what my ministry is about and how they can help
So much for brief outline. More to come when I have a moment to catch up.
Many Blessings
~K 

No comments:

Post a Comment