Wednesday, 6 July 2011

Training for the Mission Field


June 20-25 I joined my fellow TeachBeyond candidates for orientation at Wheaton College in Wheaton Illinois. It was a jam packed week of eye opening experiences, overwhemling realizations and encouraging memorable moments, as we begin to prepare to set out to serve in different schools around the world. I was excited to meet some of my fellow colleagues who I will be working with, as well as meeting those who will be serving at schools nearby that I will be able to visit.
When people ask how orientation was I get a little toungue tied. Good, and busy just don't seem to cover it. In some ways it all still feels like a dream. SO sureal that I catch myself wondering is this for real? Am I really giving up my security for the unknown and unstable? I had my moments where I was sure I must be crazy to even consider such a drastic change; yet there is a peace in the knowledge that I am following my Lord, going where he sends me.

Highlights for me was getting to meet people who I have had extended phone and email conversations with but had never met. Joining TeachBeyond is like entering into a new family. It is comforting to know I am not in this on my own and I have an amazing team behind me praying with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment